Jatto fm All round news[Wednesday-22-07-2020]

 

          HERE IS JATTO 102.7 FM ALL ROUND NEWS

RECOVERED VEHICLES AUCTIONED TO PRESIDENTIAL VILLA, MINISTRIES – MAGU

THE SUSPENDED ACTING CHAIRMAN OF THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION , IBRAHIM MAGU, SAYS SOME OF THE VEHICLES RECOVERED BY THE EFCC WERE AUCTIONED THROUGH SPECIAL AUCTION WITH PRESIDENTIAL APPROVAL TO THE MINISTRY OF HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS , DISASTER MANAGEMENT, THE PRESIDENTIAL VILLA  AS WELL AS THE FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICES AND OTHER AGENCIES .

MAGU FURTHER STATED THAT SOME OF THESE AGENCIES HAD NOT PAID FOR THE VEHICLES BUT THERE WAS AN ARRANGEMENT THAT THE MONEY WOULD BE DEDUCTED FROM THEIR FINANCIAL ALLOCATION.

MAGU, IN A LETTER ADDRESSED TO THE JUSTICE AYO SALAMI – LED PANEL TITLED, ‘RE : ALLEGED CASE OF CONSPIRACY , ENRICHMENT , ABUSE OF PUBLIC OFFICE AND OTHER INFRACTIONS, ’ EXPLAINED HOW SOME OF THE RECOVERED VEHICLES WERE AUCTIONED .

THE LETTER WAS IN RESPONSE TO AN EARLIER REPORT BY THE PRESIDENTIAL COMMITTEE ON AUDIT OF RECOVERED ASSETS IN WHICH MAGU WAS ACCUSED OF BEING UNABLE TO ACCOUNT FOR THE INTEREST ACCRUED TO N550 BN RECOVERED FUNDS AS WELL AS RECOVERED VEHICLES AND HOUSES.

THE SUSPENDED EFCC BOSS SAID ABOUT 450 OTHER VEHICLES, WHICH HAD BEEN RECOVERED, ARE YET TO BE SOLD DESPITE RECEIVING PRESIDENTIAL APPROVAL TO DO SO.

HE SAID SOME OF THE HOUSES PERMANENTLY FORFEITED TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BY LOOTERS HAD ALSO BEEN HANDED OVER TO SOME GOVERNMENT AGENCIES LIKE THE VOICE OF NIGERIA , NORTH -EAST DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION AND THE PENSION TRANSITIONAL ARRANGEMENT DIRECTORATE .

THE SUSPENDED EFCC BOSS EXPLAINED THAT SOME OTHER PROPERTIES , WHICH HAD BEEN FORFEITED PENDING THE OUTCOME OF COURT CASES , WERE BEING RENTED BY THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE , THE NIGERIAN ARMY AND OTHER AGENCIES OF GOVERNMENT .

MAGU SAID THE COMMISSION ALSO TEMPORARILY HANDED OVER PROPERTY IN LAGOS TO THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT FOR USE AS ISOLATION CENTRES FOR COVID – 19 PATIENTS .

THE SUSPENDED EFCC BOSS HOWEVER, ATTACHED PHOTOGRAPHS OF SOME OF THE RECOVERED ASSETS TO THE LETTER HE ADDRESSED TO THE PANEL.

FOLLOWING THE SENATE CALL ON TUESDAY THAT HEADS OF THE COUNTRY ’S ARMED FORCES TO STEP DOWN THE PRESIDENCY, IN ITS REACTION, DISAGREED  SAYING IT IS THE PREROGATIVE OF THE PRESIDENT  MUHAMMADU BUHARI TO APPOINT AND SACK THE SERVICE CHIEFS

DEBATING A MOTION MOVED BY THE CHAIRMAN OF SENATE COMMITTEE ON ARMY, SENATOR ALI NDUME, THE UPPER CHAMBER OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY SAID SERVICE CHIEFS SHOULD LEAVE FOR NEW IDEAS TO HANDLE THE NATION ’S SECURITY CHALLENGES.

THE CALL BY THE SENATORS CAME BARELY A MONTH AFTER THE PRESIDENT OF THE SENATE , DR AHMED LAWAN, MET WITH THE PRESIDENT OVER THE RISING INSECURITY IN THE COUNTRY .

IN AN INTERVIEW WITH THE STATE HOUSE CORRESPONDENTS AFTER THE MEETING , LAWAN SAID SECURITY CHIEFS SHOULD LIVE UP TO THEIR EXPECTATIONS OR BE SHOWN THE WAY OUT .

FOLLOWING THE MOTION MOVED BY NDUME AT THE SENATE PLENARY ON TUESDAY, THE SERVICE CHIEFS RECEIVED A BARRAGE OF CRITICISMS AS THE BORNO STATE SENATOR CONDEMNED THE RISING NUMBER OF CASUALTIES AMONG THE NIGERIAN ARMY AND OTHER SECURITY AGENCIES IN THE COUNTRY.

MEANWHILE THE SENATEDURING THE PLENARY SITTING  OBSERVED ONE MINUTE SILENCE IN HONOUR OF THE FALLEN HEROES AND URGED THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO URGENTLY PROVIDE MODERN EQUIPMENT TO ENHANCE THE OPERATIONAL CAPABILITIES OF THE ARMED FORCES.

ELSEWHERE, REPORT SAYS  OGUN STATE HIGH COURT SITTING IN ISABO , ABEOKUTA , HAS SENTENCED A 35 -YEAR -OLD MAN , ADEKUNLE OLALERE , TO LIFE IMPRISONMENT FOR DEFILING A TWO-YEAR -OLD GIRL.

OLALERE WAS , ON TUESDAY , CONVICTED OF ONE COUNT OF HAVING SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH THE VICTIM .

THE CONVICT , WHO RESIDES AT NO . 18 BASHORUN STREET , OFF UNITY ROAD , OLOWOTEDO, MOWE , HAD PLEADED NOT GUILTY TO THE CHARGE .

DELIVERING HIS JUDGMENT , JUSTICE ABIODUN AKINYEMI SENTENCED OLALERE TO LIFE IMPRISONMENT SAYING THAT  EVIDENCE PRESENTED BEFORE THE COURT BY THE PROSECUTION WAS TENABLE AND FOUND THE CONVICT GUILTY AS CHARGED .

THE ASSISTANT CHIEF STATE COUNSEL , MRS OLUYEMISI ARULEBA , HAD TOLD THE COURT DURING TRIAL THAT THE CONVICT COMMITTED THE OFFENCE ON MARCH (iruwa)22nd  , 2017 , AT NO . 18 BASHORUN STREET , OFF UNITY ROAD , OLOWOTEDO AREA OF MOWE .

ACCORDING TO HER, THE CONVICT FORCEFULLY HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH THE TWO -YEAR -OLD GIRL.

THE POLICE COMMAND IN YOBE ON TUESDAY (asuvuri) PARADED AN ASSISTANT HEADMASTER,  ABUBAKAR MUSA, FOR ALLEGEDLY RAPING A 10-YEAR-OLD PUPIL (NAME WITHHELD) IN JAJERE, FUNE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF THE STATE.

PARADING THE SUSPECT IN DAMATURU, THE COMMAND’S SPOKESMAN, ASP DUNGUS ABDULKARIM, SAID MUSA WAS WITH JAJERE CENTRAL PRIMARY SCHOOL, IN WHICH THE VICTIM, A PRIMARY FIVE PUPIL, WAS SCHOOLING SAYING THAT  THE CULPRIT HAD CANAL KNOWLEDGE OF THE VICTIM ON JULY 15 AND 17.

ACCORDING TO THE INVESTIGATION REVEALED  BY THE POLICE, MUSA MET THE VICTIM  IN THE MARKET WHERE SHE SELLS SACHET WATER.

HE THEN PICKED TWO SACHETS AND LEFT AFTER TELLING THE VICTIM  TO MEET HIM IN AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING FOR HER MONEY WHERE HE  TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION AND HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH THE GIRL.

THE SPOKESMAN SAID THE MATTER WAS UNDER INVESTIGATION AND THE SUSPECT WOULD SOON BE CHARGED TO COURT AFTER THE INVESTIGATION.

RESPONDING, MUSA, 37, CONFESSED TO HAVING SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH THE VICTIM TWICE, BUT SAID IT WAS THE HANDIWORK OF DEVIL.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, TUESDAY, ANNOUNCED RECEIPT OF $890 MILLION GRANT FROM THE GLOBAL FUND TO TACKLE HIV/AIDS, TUBERCULOSIS AND MALARIA.

THE AMOUNT, ACCORDING TO THE MINISTER OF HEALTH, DR OSAGIE EHANIRE, WHO ANNOUNCED THIS AT A MEDIA BRIEFING IN ABUJA, THE  GRANT WAS MADE TO THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA BY THE GLOBAL FUND TO FIGHT HIV/AIDS, TUBERCULOSIS AND MALARIA.

THE MINISTER DISCLOSED THAT MONEY, AMOUNTING TO $890 MILLION US DOLLARS, WAS OVER AN IMPLEMENTATION PERIOD OF THREE YEARS, BEGINNING FROM 2021 TO 2023.

EHANIRE EXPLAINED THAT THE GLOBAL FUND TO FIGHT HIV/AIDS, TUBERCULOSIS AND MALARIA (GF) IS AN INNOVATIVE INTERNATIONAL FINANCING MECHANISM ESTABLISHED BY THE UNITED NATIONS IN 2002, WITH ITS HEADQUARTERS IN GENEVA, SWITZERLAND.

THE MINISTER HOWEVER  ASSURE NIGERIAN THAT THE GRANTS WILL BE PUT TO JUDICIOUS USE AND THAT A HIGH LEVEL OF TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY WILL BE MAINTAINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH PRESIDENT BUHARI’S INJUNCTION OF ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CORRUPTION,

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING WHAT IS HAPPENING IN YOUR AREA, YOU CAN CONTACT US ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE JATTO 1O2.7 FM OR REACH US VIA OUR Email jattofm@gmail.com OR THROUGH OUR TWITTER & INSTAGRAM HANDLE @jatto102.7fm OR YOU CAN CALL OUR NEWSROOM ON 09061633354

 

1 Trackback / Pingback

  1. Jatto FM evening news[Wednesday-22-07-20202] - JATTO FM

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*